My Blog List

Saturday, 6 August 2011

Its oh so quiet........

Again up early, again I find myself here...to be honest I am lacking any inspiration, apart from the title, I will sit here and see what happens!

Twitter's a funny old place to hang out, I was dragged there kicking and screaming by a pal so I could read his blog and enjoy the banter....so I joined. His blog is excellent by the way, Dispatches From a Football Sofa and I am now a fully fledged twitter bitch, it probably does own me!! I am not a Face Cracker...why on earth would I want to reconnect with people I have lost contact with, that was the point of losing contact! I can be a miserable fucker! Love people but don't want to spend too much time with them face to face, hence the joy of Twitter.

So I now have 106 followers, mainly Spurs fans due to the nature of early connections and #FF.  They are a lovely bunch, funny, witty, caring and part of my everyday life, which sounds a little weird but it is the truth! There have been a couple of knobs/nobs who have thought it amusing to be either abusive or tell me how big their cock is, but hey if you were down the pub you would probably come across people who think that's acceptable!

I love the mind map of the people I follow from lycra wearing carpenter types to punks to a handful of minor celebs, one of them often gets in touch to share a piece of music I might enjoy...definitely a bit of a twitter whore!! What's interesting is that my real life pals are prominent in my Twitter life.. @ilovemyredhair is my bezzie mate, we see each other at work and then go home and tweet at each other for hours! Sad or is it like meeting for a coffee after work and kicking back?!

There is a pressure that comes along with Twitter though, an expectation the you will be amusing, witty, interesting and have a blinding blog...hmmm fail on most of those but with a moniker such as terrible bore I hope the expectations are low from the start!!

Music has turned out to be a great subject of discussion on Twitter, I have made some great connections with people who share a passion for music and a willingness to listen to recommendations and share new or old music that turns them on. Marvellous way of widening the iPods aleady diverse mix of tunes! Once the football season starts again I am sure I will have stuff to say...especially about 5Live's insistence on using Steve McClaren as a pundit, I know he knows football but christ I don't want him commentating on it! Please!

So the beauty of Twitter for me is clear, it's a solitary game...often sat waiting for a reply or just hours spent catching up on blogs but it's also a small community that suits me and my grumpiness, I can chose to connect or not! Whether that is healthy or not I don't consider that...why should I, it's me and my laptop strolling through time lines, butting in when I have something to say, relevant or not! I like it.......

And so that's me and Twitter...it usually starts when I have woken up too early, when its oh so quiet......

No comments:

Post a Comment