My Blog List

Monday, 8 August 2011

Painted lady......

Yep up early again......

So today marks a new era for me, having my first tattoo today. Nothing too big  and without any sentimental reasoning just a tattoo!

When I was at school there was a homemade tattoo phase that we all went through. Morrissey sang  'Scratch your name on my arm with a fountain pen, this means you really love me' I tried to do this on several occasions, not a name but the A for anarchy symbol. Each day I would scrape away at my arm and add more ink in the hope I would be successful. Luckily I was not!

New era for me sounds very dramatic actually, it's not. When I was 33 I had my nose pierced my way of rebelling against my norm, whatever that was! Today marks a new 'rebellion' keeping myself on my toes, checking in on myself! Now that sounds wanky but in my role as wife, mother, daughter, friend it serves me well to have the odd 'fuck you' moment!

The tattoo I have picked is a line drawing by Jean Cocteau, it is of two people cheek to cheek, simple and just lines, I don't seem to be able to post a picture but to be honest it is for me and while I'd like to share with you, it's me who will love and live with it! I will try and post a picture when it is done. Intriguingly when I have mentioned this on Twitter it created more conversations with people than anything else I chat about. To be fair though most of the time I am talking bollocks but my first tattoo seems to create interest and chats more than anything else. The joy of Twitter...the thing you feel is not of any interest to anyone evokes the most chat....

So at 1.30pm thoughts of homemade tats, Morrissey and what has come before today melt away as I lay my trust in James the tattoo artist and I become a painted lady....

No comments:

Post a Comment