My Blog List

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes......

Never really been big on change. There's a comfortability about knowing what's going to happen day in day out a sense of false ease, that comfort blanket that you love when you're a kid, it's a bit grubby and smelly but you don't know what you'd do without it.. Until recently change wasn't something I embraced...worked at the same place for 6 years, same hair style, same colour eye liner...endless sameness. Until, one day the change had to be made and with gusto and quite a lot of pain the changes began.

Scary and liberating these changes have seen the emergence of not a new Laura, but Laura. Seems I'm back.

I never had an interest in watching films, waste of time in my previous opinion, until I realsed that time spent well is a good time no matter what you're doing. Going to the 'pictures' is ok, in fact I quite like it, I have caught up with films that have been watched a million times by others and found I like them. Football, a long standing passion that had been quietened, to please, to appease. Yep, do you know what I love football, I have discussed it before so won't go on but again I had changed to suit...there's no point, you really have to be true to who and what you are. What's the worse that can happen? Who's to say that those choices, those changes are right or wrong? Only me...I am the judge of me. Cheesy alert...

So as I walk excitedly into my new future, angel next to me, I look forward to my new job, another change. Kids who have lost their way on the verge of hitting the young offenders units in and around Kent, my work from April will to be to guide, teach and talk to these young lost souls, for whom change is scary and not liberating, where change is impossible, where change is too hard, where change means everything and nothing. I can't wait, yes it will be tough, that's the point.

'Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older, time may change me but I can't trace time, I said that time may change me...But I can't trace time' amen to that David.

No comments:

Post a Comment