My Blog List

Saturday, 3 March 2012

You make me feel....mighty real.......

It's quite late and I'm watching a disco fest on BBC 4....it's fun and quite exciting. Many of you know I am not a disco diva, however I do have an eclectic taste in music, which is just fine! Disco...fun and exciting, it reminds me of a time when I wore satin dungarees and went to roller discos....fun and exciting.

Today fun and exciting means something else, something a little bit more meaningful something more er no, less frivolous. Today fun can be watching a movie...kettle chips...glass of pinot...good company....exciting can be the moment you board a train to go to London...to go somewhere new....to try something different...with good company.

No longer nervous about how I look, no longer worried that I may end up on my arse after a daring move on my skates, no longer wearing blue eyeshadow and frosted pink lippy just embracing it all, that's progress people.

So to that end that feeling that you get, you know the one, when you feel mighty real...well...that!

No comments:

Post a Comment