My Blog List

Sunday, 12 June 2016

The Good, The Bad and The Ukulele...

We went to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain last night. I happened upon this merry bunch years ago, I think I was watching a folk festival on telly and up popped these witty, talented musicians. I was hooked.
There's a joy about their music,  my preference is hard rocking but there's something about this lot.
It was small boy's (who's nearly 6ft) first theatre gig, he also plays the ukulele and to see his face as they played the first tune was a thing to behold.
He knows everything about TUOGB, educated and inspired by YouTube he's taught himself to play and appreciate a vast range of genres. (He also loves the Ramones....my work here is almost done!)
So, to the gig, it was life affirming, joyous, smiley, clever, witty and for me full of love and laughter. Versions of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Psycho  Killer, The Model, Happy and even Le Freak by Chic filled the small theatre. 
 I guess now that I find the likes of GBBO, The Sewing Bee, Googlebox, First Dates et al warm easy viewing, I'm mellowing! Celebrating the simple things, without  malice....anyway I digress.
As we left the theatre, we smiled taking the joy home, the warmth shared,  the talent appreciated. I only wish we could have danced....a real expression of how we all felt.....happy x

No comments:

Post a Comment